Taekwondo is a systematic and scientific Korean martial arts discipline. It is a traditional system that in our modern times enhances our spirit and lives though training our bodies and minds. Today, it is a global sport that has an international reputation, and is one of the offical games of the Olympics.
The word 'Tae' 'Kwon' 'Do' is composed of three Korean words and concepts. 'Tae' means 'foot', 'leg' or 'to step on'; 'Kwon' means 'fist' or 'fight'; and 'Do' means the 'way' or 'discipline'. If we put these three parts together, we can see the three important concepts behind 'Tae Kwon Do'.
Benefits of Taekwondo
• Enhance self-esteem by developing physical and mental abilities.
• Builds confidence by empowering you to succeed and to take control
of your life.
• Develops discipline through training your body and mind in the tenets
and techniques of Taekwondo.
• Teaches self-defence by training you to recognise and respond effectively
to situations in which physical self-defence may be necessary through
teaching you how to control such situations to your advantage.
• Strengthens your mind and body through increased physical coordination
and mental discipline.