Becoming A Black Belt
Training to acquire a black belt in Taekwondo is an exciting and fulfilling way to gives one’s self a goal and purpose in life. In the first instance, obtaining a black belt in Taekwondo is a 33-month commitment. However, there are long-term benefits of obtaining a black belt in Taekwondo as after you receive your black belt you will continue to benefit from maintaining a Black Belt lifestyle and mindset. Some of the benefits of starting and continuing Taekwondo practice are listed below:
• Mental Strength– Training hard on a regular basis helps you strengthen and de-stress your mind and body which enables you to deal more positively with life’s challenges.
• Confidence & Self Esteem – Interacting with other students and instructors and enjoying the success of completing difficult tasks improves student’s confidence and helps build their self-esteem.
• Dedication – Students are given the opportunity to develop this life skill through their commitment to their Taekwondo training. Attending class’s weekly and completing grading’s develops and demonstrates great dedication.
• Discipline & Control – Taekwondo gives the students a base from which they can develop good habits for life, by teaching values and morals of self-discipline and control.
• Self-Defence – Taekwondo arms students with a variety of skills to combat any situation that may arise to threaten your physical or mental well-being.
• Health & Fitness – Ongoing Taekwondo training will give you a great fitness base that will help you in having a longer and healthier life. Eating habits and fitness tips are discussed throughout training to encourage a healthy mind and body in order to get the most out of your Taekwondo training and more importantly to get the most out of the students’ lives.